Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Monday 5 November 2012

Fireworks night

Day 310 Monday 5th November 8 miles : miles to date 2035.6 Well that was a lot harder than it should have been. The intention was a straight forward run at what I hoped might be a comfortable pace of around 7.15 per mile. I decided to lap the country park in the cold and dark with my head torch. Almost straight away, I felt a little out of sorts and struggled with my running gait partly through difficulties with my depth perception in the dim light. The cold made my breathing a little harder and even Axel screaming out on the long play i-pod thingy machine didn't help. There were a few surprises on route to keep me occupied. A muntjac appeared within feet of me on the path. My torch made its eyes glow and we were both a little startled. Rabbits everywhere, a couple strolling in the night air and some odd chap wandering around on his own. I saw the last bloke three times as I lapped, but didn't stop to ask him what he was doing. Towards the end, the Guy Fawkes celebrations kicked off in the village with a huge firework display. I assume it was that, rather than the village being impressed by my run. I eventually ground out the eight at an average pace of 7.19 per mile. I'm not at all happy with the grinding bit and it appears to be time that the pre training for the race training Voldemort plan mark (ii) needs to begin. I''m a convert to race pace training and I want to go into the next plan fit enough to go to the next level. To infinity...and beyond. Now who said that?

No comments:

Post a Comment