Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Tuesday 27 November 2012

Sports Personality of the year???

Day 332 Tuesday 27th November 6.3 miles : miles to date 2197.7 Having heard that this years BBC Sports personality of the year shortlist had been expanded from 10 to 12 due to all the runners, I listened eagerly to the radio for my name to be announced. I must have just missed out, as Mo Farah sneaked in ahead of me. Apparently running every day for a year is not in the Olympics. I am thinking of sending a petition to Baron Pierre de Coubertin. I mean think of the benefits;- 1. Variety of race/run distances 2. Ample spectator viewing areas 3. No car parking hassles 4. Learning all about the relationship between leaves and No. 2's 5. Various run start times 6. Easy access to the runners 7. Daily, updating reports 8. Spectator participation If you are with me, please write to the Baron, Paris or somewhere else, France. I took out my frustration on a meandering lunch time run mainly along a very muddy and wet canal towpath, which took me through a wonderfully named hamlet called ''Cow Roast''. The name makes me chuckle every time I run through it. I dived off the path a few times and checked out a number of trails, although each time I turned back through either excessive mud patches or wide/deep puddles. I did have to put the whistle back on without a shower for unsuspecting clients this afternoon and a marketing thingy after work, so for once I was sensible. Hopefully the fake LaCoste aftershave, baby wipes and slightly smelly towel covered up the pong.

No comments:

Post a Comment