Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Wednesday 14 November 2012

The stripper


Day 319 Wednesday 14th November 7.2 miles : miles to date 2106.5 Now I've changed from the whistle and flute into my gear in all sorts of funny places this year. I have developed a routine that allows me to strip off almost anywhere. For the first time I had the luxury of the car back seat. Now why didn't I think of that, er, say 297 runs ago? The well oiled routine was put into motion in the middle of a jam packed car park at my daughters school where a parents/teachers evening was taking place. Fi and Meg were in the front praying that a teacher, pupil, parent or police officer didn't walk past. Heck, me and Satnav totally stripped off once on the back seat of a very busy top deck of a bus in Brighton after one particular late night race, so a car is well safe. I set off intending not to run too fast and stick to a 7.30 mile pace, given last nights session and Thursdays pending lung buster. Rather spectacularly I hit seven miles on the garmin at precisely 52:30, but I know the miles weren't even. The route home was undulating and the hills did slow me down going up and speed me up going down. I also picked it up on the unlit country road coming into the village, which was a little hairy in the dark and a bit of fog and then slowed down on the uneven pavements. In the end it was a reasonably comfortable run and I even turned down a glass of vino having done it. Has anyone seen my halo

No comments:

Post a Comment