Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Tuesday 13 November 2012

Lucky Dip

Day 318 Tuesday 13th November 6.9 miles : miles to date 2099.3 I was a tad anxious heading over to tonight's club speed session. I have kicked back over the last few weeks, apart from running every day and fifty odd miles a week of course. I have put in a few good paced runs, but only maybe one or two a week. It is time to climb back aboard the PB train properly and not just try to coast through the next seven weeks. That meant it was going to be a hang on to the coat tails of the real whippets for as long as I could run. The session was a lucky dip one. We were given a card with twelve numbers on, with each having a time next to it ranging from 30 seconds to 4 minutes. Someone randomly picked a number and we then ran the time, with half time recovery before we ran the next lucky dip. Combine that session with a hilly, quite small loop and it was a toughie. I spent the entire night at the back although came off it at the end feeling quite energised. I had no problem at all being at the rear of almost every effort, as the crew were motoring and the fact is that without them, I just would not have run quite so hard. To top a good session, I also received a cheque for the princely sum of £37.50, which was my share of the prize for winning the team event at Chester marathon last month. Given I'm unlikely to win anything running related again, I'm half tempted to frame it. Mind you, Christmas is around the corner and I could use it to but Fi's prezzies and use the other £23 for a night out?

No comments:

Post a Comment