Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Monday 12 November 2012

Panic stations?

Day 317 Monday 12th November 6.2 miles : miles to date 2092.4 Happy Feet. I haven't bought new trainers or had my tootsie's nibbled by fish. I went out for tonight's run with a small, local running group, chilled out and put some junk miles in the bank. Much more of a social run and chat, which is exactly what was needed tonight. I'm starting to panic now. There is exactly seven weeks to go from here, before the end of the year. The panic is not that I won't finish, but rather I will. There is still a bit of work to do before then. I'm 72.9 miles behind the 2500 target, having picked up a couple last week. I can try to add the shortfall to the average weekly mileage, which means just over 58 per week or save up most of it and leave it for the likely Hadrian's Wall challenge after Christmas. I think I had best double check my numbers and make sure Satnav can get a pass out. The thought of three days x-c running in stunning countryside is very exciting. No one will miss us for three days over Chrimbo I expect?

No comments:

Post a Comment