Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Saturday 17 November 2012

Apology time



Day 322 Saturday  17th November 4.8 miles : miles to date 2124.3

After last night's meal, I was suffering from post currymatic bowel disorder early doors, so any thought of a SMC or even park run went out the window. An expected lay in bed was fine, until I realised that the most dedicated athlete in the family had got up and gone off to a race. And it wasn't me.

 I owe an apology. Since the need for speed thing has appeared, it seems I have become even more boring. If Star Wars was Running War's, Yoda would be Satnav himself, Richard Jones. And Yoda Jones spoke and the fact is, he was right. I started this challenge for one reason and one reason only. I love running. I don't need times, PB's, targets, distances or in truth anyone to pat me on the back. If it was just me and a pair of daps, tick tock tick-addy boo. I don't need to time every run and I need to 

 With that in mind, tonight's rather odd run just hit the mark. I parked right by Xscape in central Milton Keynes at 6.15pm, just as the entire world went out to the various bar's, eateries, shops, and snowdome inside. I then looped around the streets, dodging shoppers and cars in a busy urban run, before diving off down into the quiteness of Campbell Park. Within minutes the roads were swapped for a canal before a very dark, lonely and truly wonderful run on my own for a few brief moments heading back to hugely busy car park. In the park, I climbed a dark hill, to find an illuminated pyramid edifice on the high point, which I have never noticed before whilst in the car shooting past. 

 Tis time me thinks, that I need to go back to what I am most famous. Doing No 2's in the woods. Hopefully my apology is accepted? 

No comments:

Post a Comment