Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Friday 9 November 2012

Day 314 Friday 9th November 4.8 miles : miles to date 2066.1 Ah Friday night, 7.30pm, cold and dark outside, the current Mrs. Owen away on a girlie weekend 170 miles away in my homeland, both kiddlepeeps out doing stuff, peace and quiet. Lovely. Now what's a lad going to do in those circumstances? Put on a bit of sport on the death box and crank open a Dr. Bud? No of course not. I stuck on a pair of only used 5 times shorts (I'm on my own you know), jumped in the car and headed over to run along an unlit path alongside a river, through a golf course and back, on my tod. This really was one of those runs where only Daisy would ever know if I went out and the bloke walking his dog who must have clenched a bit when I came at him out of nowhere in the dark. I did take it very easy, partly due to the last few runs and kept it below five miles as I've got to get up in ten hours to go, er, running. Someone will tell me if they think I'm getting obsessive about this won't they?

No comments:

Post a Comment