Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Tuesday 6 November 2012

Day 311 Tuesday 6th November 8.6 miles : miles to date 2044.2 My intended run at the club's speed session was torpedoed by traffic, so I headed over to Ampthill just to put in some junk miles with no specific training aim other than to add to the tally. Just over a half mile in I bumped into Jody Buczynski early into an 18 miler, so I tagged along with him just shooting the breeze. Its amazing really how two runners together can just whittle away the time talking about exactly the same things time after time. Races, plans, nutrition, pacing, distances, how well someone else is doing, mile splits etc. If we went out again tomorrow we would quite happily talk about the same things and no doubt dissect them in even more detail. We didn't talk about world peace, investment prospects in emerging Asian markets or finding a cure for leukemia. We just talked running and anything related. I often come home from a run and Fi say's to me, what's the news or gossip? The answer is invariably none, as runners seem to just talk about, er, running stuff. Anyway, it was great just to meander around with Jody who missed Chester through injury and is running Luton marathon in ten days instead. For only the second time in seven years, I've not entered it and will be taking my lad to rugby instead. It seems to me, that to run a super fast marathon in the spring, I need to concentrate on my fitness now with some speed work and running an in between Luton marathon is pointless. Boring but true. This need for speed is going to cost me at least a year in my long term plans to join the 100 marathon club. Ho hum.

No comments:

Post a Comment