Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Sunday 11 November 2012

MUD!!!!!!


Day 316 Sunday 11th November 8.4 miles : miles to date 2086.2 The club were out in force at this mornings x-c and looking at some of the pictures on FB, it looks like it was an absolute mud bath. Gutted I didn't make it, but with all this running I have to make sure at weekends I fit in around the not so little peeps. Whilst I missed the run, if I had been there I would have more importantly not been at my lads first round cup rugby game. As it turns out, he and the team played a blinder and mullered last years cup winners playing the best rugby I have seen them play in the last few years. I love my running, but there are other things are much more important. We eventually arrived home and I did all the housework before the current arrived home from Welshieland. Fi was due to do a long one, so I waited to see if she wanted to go out. After driving for three hours she sensibly said no, so I donned the long play i-pod thingy machine, put on the head torch and just went out for an easy and very slow recovery run in the dark and cold. Average time was 8.06 per mile it was that slow! Most of the run was on roads with no street lights, so I would have struggled to run fast even if I wanted to. I was just happy to chill out with some Dad's rock and rock I did. In the last mile I picked it up a tad to 8 minute mile average. I mean who couldn't when Iron Maiden and Run to the Hills comes on?

No comments:

Post a Comment