Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Sunday 4 November 2012

Day 309 Sunday 4th November 10 miles : miles to date 2027.6 Having frozen the essentials watching my lad play rugby early doors, I just wasn't looking forward to running any distance today. The lure of the warm, cosy, living room was a powerful force and I temporarily dozed off with Daisy on top of me, only to be awoken by Fi in her kit saying lets go. I wasn't sure if I even wanted to go, let alone how far. As I had been so cold in the rain earlier, my new running jacket got its first full proper outing. The rain has been hammering down, so we decided to stay on the roads and head over to part of Bedford Harriers forthcoming half marathon course. The rain had eased albeit the wind had not and this made even the slight inclines difficult. I still cant quite get over RW's description of it as a flat course. Its just not and even though we only covered around 4 miles of the course, it was undulating and hilly. We headed out five miles and rather than loop, just turned and came back the same way. I don't have a problem with doing that, as I always think the same route looks different going the other way. Even so, I was tired, cold and wet and any thought I might have had about running further just evaporated when we came close to the front door. Having arrived back, I was promptly kicked out again to walk Daisy. Slowly and with a lot more layers of clothes on

No comments:

Post a Comment