Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Monday 6 August 2012

Day 219 Monday 6th August 5 miles : miles to date 1432.6 Back in dear old bilghty, it was almost back to the same old routines save that Great Britain are having their best ever mid week position in the medals at the Olympics. I have so missed the games in closed rural France and just to feel the buzz back home is great. We really are doing ourselves as a nation proud. Not just by the sporting achievements of true role models, but the way we have supported and cheered on the best in the world even if they beat us. Of course we want our boys and girls to win, but if they cant, we then want the very best to win and to win well. When they do, we applaud and cheer them home, regardless of their creed, colour, religion or politics. I found myself shouting very loudly at the screen tonight as a bloke I don't know and haven't heard of before the games, won Grenada's first ever medal, and gold at that. Did it inspire me on tonight's run? Heck no. The schedule had me down for a slow five miles at eight minute pace, which has recently felt like I was strolling. The hedonism of the last two weeks and the concrete runs are in the legs and I very carefully watched the time to make sure I did nothing more than the allotted forty minutes. I am almost glad to be back in temperatures twenty degrees less than when we were away, with two straight days of rain. I'm not sure that will last though.

No comments:

Post a Comment