Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Saturday 18 August 2012

Day 231 Saturday 18th August 3 miles : miles to date 1516.8

This Voldemort schedule is playing havoc with running with my mates. I have for the last five years run early and long on a Saturday, being a founder member of the Saturday Morning Club along with Satnav and not long after a few of the crew that are still out there now. I am still sending out the e-mails on a Thursday sorting out where 

to go and then not turning up. I can see from facebook that it was another great run in the sun today, with the SMC crew running cross country and spending well over three and a half hours just enjoying the countryside.
I had gentle run with Fi around our place. She has a longer run pencilled in for the morning and was happy just to trot up and down the trails, as was I. That was great and it was relaxed, without either of us once asking the time or the pace. Just what I wanted.
The only slight problem is that I am due for another Billy no mates long run on my own on Sunday, in the heat and on the road. And to make matters worse, I caved in on the BBQ front and had a few beers tonight, although nothing to write home about. Or on a running blog for that matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment