Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Wednesday 29 August 2012

Satnav takes the lead

Day 242 Wednesday 29th August 8.2 miles : miles to date 1604.6 Its quite nice to slip into a new hundred and ideally I can target the runs to finish in a few days time on 1666, to celebrate with a beer or three of the same name. The body temple thing isn't quite panning out as well as I would like. Or at all if I'm honest. I'm putting the runs in and limiting the vino to a bit at the weekends, but so far abstinence hasn't had the chance to make the heart grow fonder or stronger for that matter. I'm off to see the stage version of Chariots of Fire in London on Saturday for our anniversary and I suspect a glass of bubbly might be in order this weekend as well. I am starting to feel better in terms of pace on longer distance runs. I was joined tonight by Richard Jones, to whom I apologised for having collared him with the nom de plume of Satnav as half the club are calling him that now. We looped the forest centre which didn't require his now legendary navigation skills, covering the eight miles in an average of 7.25 mile pace. It was so much easier to get a good midweek run in with a mate and chat all the way around, which made the miles just melt away. I have a feeling we are going to get a bumper number of runners getting great times at Chester marathon in October, although the battle for first place in the club very much remains between George Arbuckle and Martin Beare despite the Voldemort schedule. It doesn't off course matter where we finish in terms of the club, as we are all running against the clock and not each other. Probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment