Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Sunday 26 August 2012

Day 239 Sunday 26th August 6.2 miles : miles to date 1583.7 There was a time not that long ago where I had asbestos legs. I could run through waist high stingies and treat them with distain. All this road running has turned me into a right softie. I headed over the fields today for a proper recovery run, with no traffic or people in sight and just me and the long play i-pod thingy music machine for company. As I recalled my mis spent youth listening to the nutty, nutty sounds of Madness, I meandered over the trails without once glancing at the pace, mainly due to the fact that I was running at a little over walking pace. 
At one point I turned a corner and was confronted by knee high thistles and other nasties. In the old days - er, ok a few months back- I would have thrown caution to the wind and ploughed through inviting the pain to have a go. Instead, I pranced gingerly along doing an impression of Darcey Bussell pirouette-ing in the under growth. Oh the shame of it. Six more weeks of the Voldemort schedule before I turn back into a man's man, park the go fast shoes and don the shabby, mismatched and frankly smelly gear of an ultra-teer once more. Unless I miss the target time, in which case watch out Luton marathon as Mr. Wimpo will be on his way.

No comments:

Post a Comment