Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Sunday 12 August 2012

Day 224 Saturday 11th August 3 miles : miles to date 1461

Brendan Foster has just described Mo Farah's second gold medal in the 5000 metres, as the best British athletic performance ever and I agree. I hope that he inspires children everywhere to put down the x-box and just get out there and do some sport. Being the true athlete I am, we watched the games with a large bag of fish and chips, balancing on my rotund tummy.
Fi had pushed me out for a slow recovery run across the fields which I did without checking the watch once for time. It was great jut to get back to running and not pace watching. Fi has been a bit of a slave driver on some of these runs. We started off together but when we found Megan and Daisy the dog, she walked with them and made me run off on my own telling me that non run miles don't count towards the challenge. Given I am having to get up at 4.30am on Sunday to get a long run in, another slower run was all the Doctor ordered today. I'm off to see the men's marathon and can't wait to see what sub five minute mile pace looks like in the flesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment