Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Wednesday 15 August 2012

Day 228 Wednesday 15th August 9 miles : miles to date 1499.8 Oh no! Just noticed I am .2 off 1500 miles for the year. If I had known that, I would have done 9.2 tonight. Anyway, due to a very long work day and a late dinner with friends who are staying with us from Geordieland, I couldn't run until gone 10 pm with a full tummy, dodgy batteries in the head torch and tired legs. Luckily for me as I procrastinated before the run, my daughter starting watching the new series of triple Z list "celeberaties" on Big Brother which ushered me rapidly out the door, along with Theresa Jackson support on FB of "Arse,gear,door,out. Off you go Paul." The schedule had me down for nine miles in seventy minutes which I think is meant to be an easier run after last nights speed session. In places I couldn't see where to plant my foot and I was slow out, which was a hidden bonus as I didn't run too fast and as I tired at the end I was able to at least maintain a steady pace. To be totally truthful, it didn't feel like an easier run and I was quite happy to finish in around sixty nine minutes. I had arranged to go out earlier with my marathon mad buds, Satnav and the Flying Scotsman which would have made the run a lot more fun. I'm not sure which of us is the most running obsessed, although at the Olympic marathon on Sunday I did pull out my phone to show the lads a picture of my pride and joy. Yep, my new go fast training shoes. Before I claim the crown, I should mention that they both had a good look and we discussed the merits of lightweight racing shoes like true nerds. Looks like a score draw on that front to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment