Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Tuesday 14 August 2012

Day 227 Tuesday 14th August 6.7 miles : miles to date 1490.8 At the risk of writing about running two days in a row, it was a lot easier to get a speed session in with the club tonight than on my own as I have done for the last three Tuesdays. The session was eight one minute efforts with a forty five second recovery, followed by another eight with a thirty second recovery over a slightly undulating grassy ridge. Straight from the start I decided to hang onto the coat tails of the whippets for as long as I could. At the halfway stage, I was in the mix albeit towards the back and stayed there for most of the second half. The last two efforts pushed me up to my threshold but being only a minute each I gritted the teeth and just made it. At this point the session was over and I decided to push on and do another eight, including two on a steep hill, at the end of which the lactic acid in my body was screaming at me to stop. At the risk of appearing self congratulatory, I then pushed on and got nine extra in. It wasn't just the actual exercise that has given me a bit of a high tonight, but the fact that after 227 days, I still have the desire to push the boundaries and go up a level. Hopefully this will last at least for the next eight weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment