Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Friday 24 August 2012

The hills are alive...

Day 237 Friday 24th August 3.1 miles : miles to date 1562

I stepped off the schedule today, for two reasons. Firstly I wanted to get back to enjoying running without targets and secondly I have missed the trails. I jumped in the car at lunchtime and headed up the hill from the office, when within minutes I was out in the country. My original plan of hitting the canal or road went out the window 

and I enjoyed a wee wander through the woods, sheep that would not move as I ran towards them and squirrels who practically wanted a fight. I went out in my lightweight go fast trainers and they did not suit trail running at all. The soles are a lot thinner than my normal daps, limited cushioning and I felt every stone as I stepped on them. And squirrel/sheep droppings.
A couple of times as I emerged from the tree's and ran along the side of the hill, I just stopped to take in the view. It really was glorious being back out there and getting back to what I love the best in running terms. I just wish I didn't look such a numpty in my shinny white daps and road racing gear. Well, I say shinny. Mmm, bit of sheep coloured shoe dye has seeped through...

No comments:

Post a Comment