Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Monday 20 August 2012

Running down Emma Else

Day 233 Monday 20th August 3 miles : miles to date 1539.8

As I set off for work this morning in the car, I rounded the first bend and could see a lady runner just ahead in a bright pink t-shirt and massive headphones. I recognisedEmma Else straight away and whilst I don't normally stop runners, I couldn't resist pulling along side, which caused her to panic like a rabbit in the headlights and a

lmost fall off the kerb. I didn't mean to disrupt her run so much, but it was funny so all I can do is apologise. And giggle a bit. Emma and her hubbie Neale are born agains, after significant fitness improvements and are both getting a lot fitter and faster. I certainly don't want to discourage the bug. That's runners by the way, not Christians.
Emma would have left me for dead on tonight's run. After the effort yesterday, I actually think I felt worse today than when I did an 82 miler earlier in the year. I suspect a lot of it is down to four harder runs last week, another still at sub 7.30 pace and just two slow. I was only down to do five miles at eight minute mile pace, but I had to listen to my body which said just do three, so that's all I did. I want to rattle back up for Tuesdays club speed session so for once it was the sensible option. I'm not sure I like it and would rather be racing buses, canal barges and long haired youths who think they can kick the old boy into touch. OK, so most of the time they can, but at least I'm racing and not plodding. Right, that's my mojo back. Or at least it would be if I knew what that meant. I am middle aged don't you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment