Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Saturday 22 September 2012

Another PB...for Fi!

Day 266 Saturday 22nd September 18.1 miles miles : miles to date 1774.8 The last long run of the current campaign done and in the bag. It was a tale of two half's, with the first half being 15 miles and the second 3.1. It was a tad chilly as I left the house at 7 am and for the first time in ages, I had to wear a long sleeve top to combat the chill. I met the Flying Scotsman just under two miles later and we meandered along the river, chucking in a few miles of street running here and there. Not the most scenic run in parts, but it was a needs must as we wanted to maintain a steady 7.30 pace all the way. We spent just under two hours chatting like a right couple of anoraks about pace, miles, races and all things running related. Fi did say afterwards that she thought of us as Eric and Ernie, sharing the same bed (in a non sexual way I hasten to add), in our PJ's reading running magazines and swapping tips (at that point I reminded her that's what we do with a mug of ovaltine). At 15 miles, we met Fi in order to do the parkrun to round off the last three miles with some bods around. We stuck with the 7.30 pace, despite the world and his wife (or her husband) zooming off. In truth, I don't think we wanted or were capable of blasting anyway. Fi took the running glory for the second weekend in a row. After last weekends first ever half marathon, she clocked in with a new PB time of 25:39. Its now taper time for the next two weeks, when I won't run more than once a day. Mmm, there's something wrong with that plan, but I cant quite put my finger on it? Another milestone on the challenge as well today. 266 runs in a row and just 100 left. Assuming I get a run in on Sunday, I will move into double figures only. I'm starting to panic. What on earth am I going to do on the 1st January, apart from being chained up all day by Fi. Could be fun mind. I think she's read 50 shade's of grey? Now where's the duct tape?

No comments:

Post a Comment