Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Thursday 20 September 2012

Day 264 Thursday 20th September 3 miles miles : miles to date 1753.7 After last nights blast, I felt less like Springsteens Born to Run and more like Pulps Help the Aged on tonight's little jaunt. I set off slow and got slower. I was just too tired and had to bail on the planned distance as both the head and the body just said no. Get home and have a very salty bag of chips they both said, so I duly obliged. I have messed around too much with the schedule this week, right from Monday doing over 10 miles when I should have stuck to a recovery five. I just have to remind myself that when I look in the mirror, the old bloke staring back is me and we all have limitations. The problem is that I feel the fittest I have ever been and this run every day challenge is just making me want to get out the door and do even more. That having been said, I'm done and the land on Nod beckons. At least I didn't have to do a midnight run this week, so small blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment