Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Tuesday 25 September 2012

Day 269 Tuesday 25th September 4.1 miles miles : miles to date 1787.9 As I was coaching at the club tonight, I centred on encouragement rather than my own training plans. I was only meant to do a truncated speed session and I did slip in a few quicker efforts whilst trying to encourage the others. At the start of one effort, I started us off easing into the run and then a few seconds later shouted lets go, intending to pick up the pace. We are already going, I heard Keith Morgan shout. I laughed and made them run faster. Har har, the power clearly went to my head. Still, to be fair to the group they duly responded and pushed on, which is the great benefit to my mind of running speed sessions with a club and not on your own no matter what your pace. The nights are closing in and towards the end it became too dark to carry on so I pulled the plug on the extra two miles and had a natter instead. A few of the club managed to get an entry for next years Grizzly race, which opened at 5pm and was sold out by 6pm. Amazing. Still its one race at a time for me, except a fun 10k Fi and I have entered in November so we can run in free antlers and Santa t-shirts. It appears we are both moving into embarrassing parent mode. Yippee.

No comments:

Post a Comment