Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Monday 10 September 2012

Post run blues

Day 254 Monday 10th September 3.4 miles : miles to date 1678.8 It was back to earth with a bump on tonight's jaunt. I was meant to do an easy five and managed a tough shorter run instead. My thighs were just feeling tight and very heavy, which is no surprise after yesterdays run. As soon as I tried to run I knew I had to listen to the old body and ignore the plan, which was after all just a five at the slowest pace run of the week. I headed off into the into the darkness of the forest centre to take my mind off the increasingly stiff pins. This worked to some extent as the lack of light in the trees made it a spooky trail. I was also coming off a high from yesterdays run, as reality kicked in and I reminded myself that it wasn't the focus race and I am still on the schedule treadmill. Hopefully back to the speed work at the club on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment