Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Tuesday 4 September 2012

I feel the need for speeeeddddd

Day 248 Tuesday 4th September 5.3 miles : miles to date 1643.7 Tonight's speed session took place in the scenic and undulating Ampthill Park, which has a ridge running along the top and drops in every direction. The effort seemed straight forward on paper. Run hard for five minutes, rest two and then get back to the start point times two. I set off in error in third place, with Ste Hartley leading. Now if the bloke in fronts nickname is Hartley Hare, you know he's going to go hard out and he did, or at least to me he did. I tried to maintain the effort on what was a roller coaster of a trail but still slipped back to about tenth place. By the end of the second effort I was gasping and felt ready to blow a few chunks although with a half time break I was able to recover but that was a hummer of a session. There is just no way I would have pushed myself that hard if it wasn't part of a structured club session, with me trying to keep up with the crew in front and staying in front of the crew behind. Another corker.

No comments:

Post a Comment