Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Thursday 13 September 2012

Day 257 Thursday 13th September 6.1 miles : miles to date 1698.9 The planned run went out the window tonight, due to a late work day finish. The actual run itself also ended up being split, due to an unplanned emergency No.2 stop which also diverted me off road and changed the route. I had set out thinking I would just do a fast shorter run and for the first mile that was the plan, when kapowww fast run over. I guess it shouldn't have been a surprise given on the way home I had a cappuccino, a couple of handfuls of chocolate covered raisins and jelly beans. Having realised I might spend a night in the cells if I did the deed in the middle of the high street, I shot off cross country and looked for suitably large dock leaves and a quite corner. I then wandered back to the nearest road and blasted out a quicker three plus miles feeling somewhat refreshed and ready to go. I had to be at my usual game off cards at 8pm, so that was that. I'm not to concerned, as the schedule in fact only had me down for a 7 miler, with 5 fast. At least I won at cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment