Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Monday 24 September 2012

Day 268 Monday 24th September 5.1 miles miles : miles to date 1783.8

The countdown has truly begun. Just a mere 97 days to the end of the year and 14 days to Chester marathon. I went out for a cold and very wet lunchtime run straight through Berkhamsted high street on the way to an unattractive road connecting the next town. As its been tipping down and I needed to put the whistle back on to see
clients, I had to avoid the mudpath that will be sections of the canal towpath. Fat lot of good it did me, as I was covered in road debris by the cars zooming past.
One of my fellow Chester runners - Lorraine Tur - panicked a bit this morning when her number came through with details of the number of toilet stops on route. There are 9 in total. She wasn't worried about the race, just how would I manage to run past them all. I pointed out that I wouldn't know what to do with a door, seat and comfy tissue so should be able to run past them no problem. Should being the obvious word.

No comments:

Post a Comment