Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Wednesday 12 September 2012

Super heroes reunite


Day 256 Wednesday 12th September 10.1 miles : miles to date 1692.8 A smaller team of super heroes assembled at HQ for tonight's daring mission. Captain Satnav, the Silver Surfer and BatPablo declared one for all and all for one, as we set off for what is turning out to be a regular eight mile plus mid week run at 7.30 mile pace or less. The Flying Scotsman was washing his hair and no doubt Amazing Beare was doing something massive and quicker on his own. We covered two laps of the forest centre at an average 7.26 per mile. At the start of Voldemort I said I hoped to get to the point that a 7.30 mile pace was an easy run. After 12 weeks on the schedule, I have reached the point where on the whole it is which I am still struggling to take in. Still, if it hadn't been for the lads tonight, I might not have gone that far or that fast. My breathing was fine and hardly different to if I was walking down the street, but the legs were tired and sore. The bottom half protested most of the way around, but the top half saved the day as me and the fantastic two put the worlds to rights. Two days ago I raced in scorching sunshine. Tonight, the temperature dropped by 12 degrees and we were soaked to the skin. I asked one of them to use some super power to dry us out but there was something going on in the atmosphere which interfered apparently.

No comments:

Post a Comment