Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Friday 21 September 2012

Day 265 Friday 21st September 3 miles miles : miles to date 1756.7 Best laid plans and all that went for a burton today, as the planned comfy lunchtime run was replaced by a semi quick loop of the village on the way home, with Fi waiting dinner until I arrived. Work just got in the way and I missed lunch totally. Nothing major to report on a route that is starting to have my footprints embedded into the tarmac. The only puzzling event was the appearance of yet another potential pit stop with a mere mile to go. I am as a result of writing this, aware of the preponderance of No.2 events. This is mainly due to most people in my running club asking me to stop waffling on generally and specifically about the above. I write about what has happened to me on the run and it the tummy did just rumble again. I ate breakie at 7.30am and ran around 6pm without eating anything at all in-between, so why the gurgles? It seems that at times the action of running causes me to want to visit the little boys room when I've not wanted to all day. I cant say I have read much in Runners World about how to avoid runners trots or even if there is such a phenomenon? I stand corrected. Having written the last sentence I checked and there is loads od advice just about this very issue on RW sites. There is even a forum at http://www.runnersworld.com/community/forums/runner-communities/beginners/preventing-runners-trots. Hurrah I'm not alone. Whhhooooohoooo.

No comments:

Post a Comment