Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Thursday 27 September 2012

Hairspray, me? Naaa

Day 271 Thursday 27th September 5 miles miles : miles to date 1799.2

I’ve done it again. I really should look at the miles done to date. If I had, another .8 would have slipped into the mix. Having said that, I had a bit of a rotten run. Like Samson, my power has been lost through a go faster haircut this morning. Now I say power. Samson was granted supernatural strength by the man (or woman) upstairs, to combat his enemies and perform heroic tasks like slaying an entire army with only the jawbone of an ass. I on the other hand, was nick named Harmony hairspray in school as my B.J. Hooker centre parting and shoulder length hair never moved. I guess our powers weren’t quite equal?
Something went wrong and my loss of hair is as good as anything to blame. I was meant to do an easy mile, fast three and easy mile. I was over anxious and set off running too quickly too soon and just blew at three miles, when I then did the two easy miles back. I went out with the GPS in a bum bag trying to run to perceived effort and just ran too quickly without any energy.
For the record, the coiffed locks have been long since replaced with a far too sensible short back and basin cut look which makes me look respectable. Appearances can – and indeed are – deceptive. Now, where’s that hairspray gone…

No comments:

Post a Comment