Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Wednesday 26 September 2012

Super heroes

Day 270 Wednesday 26th September 6.3 miles miles : miles to date 1794.2 If its Wednesday it must be laps of the forest centre with the super heroes at 7.30 mile pace or less. We are now in a grove and we are all finding the pace easier each week, consistently averaging quicker than the target time even on the longer runs. Hopefully after Chester we can keep it going and pick it up to closer to seven minute mile pace. Having said that, the lads found it easier than me tonight. My breathing was fine and not really an issue, but my legs were a wee bit tired towards the end and I was quite glad to stop. We averaged around a 7.19 mile pace and the truth is apart from the heavy legs, it felt quite comfortable. I am struggling with what pace to run Chester in. I have for the last 14 weeks planned to run this as fast as I could and as it draws nearer, I am constantly oscillating between various race pace strategies. I am tired this week, but I hope with the cut down in mileage, the less intensive sessions and proper carb loading I'll be up for it by race day. The extra adrenalin and the fellow runners should also hopefully help, which is the problem. I really don't want to set off for an unobtainable time and blow, but equally I want to go for it. Aaarggghhhhh my head hurts. Hark at me mind, race strategy if you please. I'm not exactly going to win the thing. The only strategy I had last year was turn up for a marathon just before the start. And I didn't even do that once.

No comments:

Post a Comment