Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Sunday 23 September 2012


Day 267 Saturday 23rd September 3.9 miles miles : miles to date 1778.7 I set off to help out at rugby today with my shorts and gear ready to go for a run after. The weather turned and I spent the morning shivering on the side, raiding the emergency car boot clothing. I postponed the run and went home after the game to warm up. I then spent three hours sleeping and procrastinating before eventually going out for an easy recovery run in the rain. With two weeks to go to the target race for the year, I am quite keen to let the taper do its work. I am tired and in need of an energy boost. I will try my very best over the next two weeks to avoid racing buses, canal boats, youngsters, rowers, six foot imaginary white rabbits called Harvey and all other manor of running challengers. I have long known that a significant part of running a good race is in the mind and for two weeks I just need to step back and chill. The old blokes body will thank me as well. This streak has brought back a lost excitement to my running. I have run 49 marathons and ultras including two 100 mile plus events. I had become blasé about marathons and I am now totally excited again. That having been said, in truth if it hadn't been for the streak it would have been likely day off. The run itself was uneventful and wet. One of those glad just to get it done type. And I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment