Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Tuesday 18 September 2012

Phew, glad to finish that one!

Day 262 Tuesday 18th September 4.6 miles miles : miles to date 1743.8 An early work finish left me in a dilemma. The club fast sessions have really helped me get into the grove of increasing my leg speed and getting used to running quicker. I was so early, if I ran from home I would finish before the session started and be in my PJ's nursing a cuppa at least an hour and a half before I would otherwise. I plumped for the shorter recovery run and getting to know the children again. It was the right decision. I was knackered and didn't quite realise it until I started running. I was meant to do a recovery 5 last night and didn't and I was plain and simply tired. A 2am work finish this morning probably didn't help, so I don't feel too bad at having a tough short one at a slow pace. I gave myself a big reward with er, sausage and beans on toast. Lovely jubbly. I just need to work out who the strapping bloke nearly as tall as me (ok that's not that hard) wandering around the house is. Fi tells me he's my thirteen year old son but I can't quite see it myself. My daughter has also been replaced but I am assured by Fi she is the same person. By the time this challenge finishes I expect they will have moved out and got jobs. I might be able to afford to enter a few races then?

No comments:

Post a Comment