Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Friday 14 September 2012

Rest day? I think not

Day 258 Friday 14th September 3.8 miles : miles to date 1702.7 Now if I blow up on Saturdays LSD, its all Fi's fault. I was a wee bit late and ran too fast, slowing down for the last .1 or thereabouts. She is in the Great North Run on Sunday, which I would guess is one of the worlds largest half marathon with 50,000 entries in it. I had to get home sharpish to make sure she wolfed down an extra helping of pasta, so pressed the peddle a little. I have run around the forest centre more times on this schedule than I have in the last few years. Still, its flat, traffic free and difficult to get lost on. Talking of which, when I got home I asked Fi if her map had come through for the race as it was self navigating. We were watching highlights of the Ultra-Trail du Mont- Blanc and she did pause to ponder where her map was, before twigging that with 50,000 people going one way she probably wasn't going to get lost. Its her first ever half marathon and apart from having to drive 250 miles to get there, I am very happy to pass on the running baton to her and play a supporting role for once. I only wish I could add her miles to my total. Nice to move into another hundred though.

No comments:

Post a Comment