Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Tuesday 7 February 2012

Another nice cup of tea

Day 38 of the run every day for 366 days running challenge. 5 miles. Total miles to date 200.5 I knew that I wouldn't be able to make tonight's club session, so I decided to run a swift five miler on the way into work. A mixture of appointments later in the day, parents teachers evening and forecasted very cold temperatures tonight, made the decision fairly easy in truth. I parked up next to what is turning into my favourite snack wagon at Clophill lay-by, put on the best old mans rock I could find on the i-pod thingy long play music machine, in the form of 80's spandex boys Deff Leppard, and hit the road. The tempo of the music clearly effects my running speed and when a few of the anthems came on, I found myself pelting down the road at around the seven minute mile mark, before realising the error of my ways and slowing down for the last few miles. Yet another lovely cup of tea at the end of the run and a mostly traffic free route, means this may turn into my standard five mile route. Nice to go past two hundred miles, which averages out at around 5.3 per day so far, which I do need to increase to make 2500 miles for the year. I'm not too worried as ultra training season will start in the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment