Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Thursday 9 February 2012

Day 40

Day 40 of the 366 days running challenge. 5.3 miles. Miles to date 209.3 I managed to start in the light tonight with a bit of Bruce on the long play music contraption, but forgot my head torch. This meant my planned 7 or 8 was cut back, as I couldn't run easily on fields in the snow and dark. I got back home to find Fi still excited about getting in the Great North Run and wanting to talk about training plans. I pointed out to her that she had run 10 miles last Saturday and didn't need a 33 week training plan to get to 13.1 miles and that she might peak 4 months too early for the race, which I think calmed her down but I cant be sure?

1 comment:

  1. Well after 2 days with the auditors and a day teaching social 23 workers about IT security, I needed a break and almost left the office in daylight hours, with the intention of having a gentle wee jog with nice and easies. At home, with the first snow flurries starting and a warm cup of tea inside me I almost renaged, but then I asked myself "What would Paul Owen do?".

    Ashamed at my weak will, I pulled on my togs and headed off to the school, where I ran 5 miles in the company of the long lost Mr Jenart, who continued on to run a casual 8 miles tonight.

    My biggest shock of the night was seeing 'Wee Matt Jones' with whom I used to train being suddenly all grown up 6' plus and with a running style and speed that left the entire club trailing in his wake. I really should try and get to training more often

    See you soon 'The Original'

    ReplyDelete