Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Thursday 2 February 2012


Day 33 of the run every day for 366 days running challenge. 3 miles. Total miles to date 166.4

The plan today was to get to the club and do a swift eight miler with Phil the Silver Surfer Clarke and a few of the other lads. I was side tracked by a case in which I was involved, that led to an eleven hour day spent in court. At one point, I was faced with going out at gone 11pm, as Thursday is also my card playing night. Given I had not eaten since 7.45am, I wasn't overly looking forward to a late night nocturnal wander in what turned out to be - 5 oC on an empty stomach and with zero energy. In the end, I was so late I had to miss my cards, which did have the benefit of allowing me to go out slightly earlier. Still, changing in the car park of a pub and then doing three miles around the streets of Luton wasn't the most pleasurable of experiences. I ran a loop that I used last week, which towards the end has a shortcut. If I had taken that shortcut, I would have been around a third of a mile short. Who would know? I could blog away and just round it up. The integrity of this challenge lays in my honesty. If I didn't do the full three miles, I would know. The first fundamental rule would be broken and what there after is the point of carrying on? I trudged past the shortcut and completed the last third at a snails pace

No comments:

Post a Comment