Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Sunday 5 February 2012

Snowy sunday run

Start of snowy run

Day 36 of the run every day for 366 days running challenge. 3.6 miles. Total miles to date 192.5

Yesterdays 18 miler in -9 was exchanged today for a much more tropical +3 in the snow. A slightly fuzzy head from too much vino re-hydration last night, was put to one side in the pursuit of more miles. There were loads of peeps out although strangely no runners. 


 I lapped around my housing estate to take a few photos before heading off into the woods to find a few trails.


Trail near to my house


Despite getting out early, it seemed the world and his wife had been there already and my dreams of running on fresh powder snow went by the wayside. I headed over the fields onto a quite path connecting my village and the next, only to find tell tale footprints there as well.

Footprints everywhere grrrr

I headed off down the trail above and turned for home a little later. The weather started to turn a little colder and the sky seemed to close in a little, so I decided to call it a day and head back to clear the front of the house.

On the way back

As I headed for home, I came across the fantastic snowman below, which inspired me to go home and make my own. I used to make them with my children, but they were both busy so billy no mates made his own! I cant post any pics of mine, as just after finishing my thirteen year old lad and his pal came along and decided to make it clear that it was a male snowman. Don't panic, I wont do the snowballs joke...

Brilliant snowman












No comments:

Post a Comment