Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Friday 3 February 2012

The original 006 1/2


The original 006 1/2, Mr.Craig, both shaken and stirred. Robbie and I ran the Heart of Scotland 104 mile race two years ago. That's the only race I have failed to finish, as did RC. We meet up for a bit of carb loading today and we were still moaning away about it. The real kick in the teeth is that we covered just under 102 miles, but were so tired and in so much pain, we both pulled out at the same time with a little over two miles to go. Sheer mental and physical exhaustion prevented us from any logical thought. Have you any idea how grating it is to go that far and stop so close? Like I said we were still moaning about it today, although we promised each other to let it go. Yeah right, like that's going to happen! Still, I count myself lucky. RC did himself such an injury, he has done very little in the last year and needs a knee operation. In contrast, I was at least able to give it a go the following year and get around on a longer course. Not that I am gloating in any way there Mr.C, honest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment