Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Monday 20 February 2012

Spaced Invader

Day 51 of the 366 days running challenge. 3.2 miles. Miles to date 277.7


I think I hit a bit of a blip last week, aggravated by my hedonistic weekend of wanton debauchery. Well, OK, I might have exaggerated the partying bit a tad, but I did miss my long Saturday run and just couldn't make it up on the Sunday. I always had in mind to start ultra training as soon as the weather warmed a little. So, with one eye on the weather forecast for this coming week, I was quite content to drop back in terms of mileage last week, with the aim of picking it up for the next three weeks. I have entered my first marathon of the year in two weekends time and I aim to stick in a mid week 13-15 mile run, with back to back long run weekends for the next three weeks. I am trying to hit a balance between distance and speed work, so kept tonight's run to a reasonably comfortable just under 24 minutes, followed by a quick game of COD with my thirteen year old who kicked me into space and back. I used to be good at space invaders as well, albeit it 33 years ago. Bike, riding, never forget? Are you kidding, you need a degree to play video games now. Grumpy me? No. Old? Getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment