Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Friday 17 February 2012

The shuffle

Day 48 of the 366 days running challenge. 3.4 miles. Miles to date 263.4 After last nights effort, it came as no surprise to the rest of my body that my legs just wouldn't work on today's run. I did warn the upper half, that the lower half wouldn't listen to my protests. The legs started off at their normal pace for the first mile of the x-c, with the upper half tutting away. Lo and behold, a mile later the lower half slowed to a shuffle and apologised profusely. The upper half showed great restraint in aiding the lower half to get back to the start, before lambasting it. I aim to re-unite both parties later over several large bottles of Kingfisher and a ruby murray. Normal long Saturday morning run has been postponed to a later, slower, shorter and likely hangover shuffle. Got to party sometimes you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment