Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Thursday 16 February 2012

That cant be speed can it??

Day 47 of the 366 days running challenge. 8 miles. Miles to date 260 Went down to the clubs normal eight mile tempo run. This time of year we have to run the same hilly loop, which is repetitive but a good guide for fitness levels. I normally run it in around 61 mins and turned up tonight just not in the mood at all. I let the hares shoot off and went out with Steve Philpott who was putting in some good running. I hung onto his shoulder for three miles until he slowed and just dipped back. I could spy the silver surfer Phil Clarke in front and tried to reel him in. I managed to do so, before he picked it back up again and we were both flying down Manor Way. With 1 1/2 miles to go, I realised I was on for a quicker time and pushed on that bit harder for the last section, dipping in at 57:42, beating my previous best for the loop by almost 2 mins. Maybe this running every day thing is starting to have an effect on my fitness levels? Right, time for a celebratory beer...

No comments:

Post a Comment