Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Wednesday 8 February 2012

Brrrrrr another cold run

Day 39 of the run every day for 366 days running challenge. 3.5 miles. Total miles to date 204


I guessed looking at my schedule this morning, that this was always going to end up being a 9 or 10 pm run. Two long court hearings, in two separate cases in two different towns twenty miles apart, led to a twelve hour working day, with most of it spent waiting to get the work done and then get out on the very cold road. Just before the end of the second case, I slipped into my tight running gear and put the suit back on, only to swelter for a while in court and freeze later outside. I ended up running along an icy river embankment through the town, with no one around as it was so cold. On arrival home, I made the mistake of stripping off in front of my wife, for a shower. When its really cold, certain parts of a chaps body shrink and go into hibernation. She was to say the least a little concerned and it took a while for the little fella to re-appear, much to both our reliefs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment