Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Monday 27 February 2012

The vino run

Day 58 of the 366 days running challenge. 3 miles. Miles to date 340.1 I decided against leaving the car in the dogger's delight car park off the A6, and headed instead over to my old village of Wilstead. I ran past the first ever house I bought (I'm only on two now) and that of old friends Ann and Steve Mathers , recalling the day not long after we first met when we knocked back nine bottles of wine and various other assorted beverages. Well, perhaps recall isn't an accurate reflection from after the fourth bottle. The vague memory of that and other jolly nights and a bit of Frank Sinatra via the long play i-pod thingy, saw me through a dark, wet and in truth dull run up and down the main road. Another great night with the Mathers, led to my wife trying to cut my hair in the early hours with a bikini trimmer on its lowest setting. That caused a subsequent flat top hair cut, with the sides being almost bald. Trying explaining that to a Judge the next day. I looked more like the accused than the lawyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment