Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Tuesday 28 February 2012

Its the boy Jones fault...

Day 59 of the 366 days running challenge. 6.7 miles. Miles to date 346.8 A hard session at the club tonight, taken ably by Adrian Wadsworth and Richard Jones. Given satnav was in charge, it came as a relief to find we weren't taken off across the fields in twelve different directions and that I made it home before it was time to get up and go to work. I think one of my children recognised me although the other was startled when I walked in, but a bit of calm talking convinced her it was me. I had to hold back a little tonight. I've got another early morning 14 miler into work planned for Wednesday and a flat out speed session would have done me in. I settled for a harder run, but throttled back on the hill reps and tried to take it easier. I also have my first marathon of the year on Sunday, so I also had that in mind. Still, I've got a feeling that I might be a bit lack lustre in the energy department in the morning, so I'm off to have a couple of scrummie home made flapjacks. There are benefits to this long distance running lark.

No comments:

Post a Comment