Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Tuesday 8 May 2012

BMI ...again!!

Day 129 Tuesday 8th May 3.6 miles : miles to date 871.3 Due to a last minute flurry of paperwork, I missed tonight's club session and headed over to what turned out to be a mudfest run of Glastonbury proportions around Clophill woods. The first section wasn't too wet although the far side had been churned up by horses hoofs which is fair enough I guess given it is a bridleway. The conditions slowed me down a lot, which in hindsight was good given my legs are still feeling a little pummelled after the weekends running expeditions. Coming around one of the bends, I just glimpsed the sight of a foxes tail disappearing into the undergrowth. This was almost exactly the same spot that I have seen a fox on two earlier occasions. I am now fairly confident that it is the same one that I am seeing, given my in depth knowledge of the animals acquired through painstaking minutes searching the internet for fox related facts. Whilst searching for Basil Brush trivia, I wandered over to the BMI charts. I know I have had a moan about them before, so apologies for repeating myself, but what's the point in them? I weigh myself once in a blue moon, as I know if I have lost weight and more importantly if I am running faster. A number wont tell me that, although I did check out the scales yesterday. I have dropped down to 12 stone 1lb from 13 stone 10lbs at the start of this quest, despite my hedonistic party lifestyle. Ok, ok, despite a few jars in front of the television at the weekend. I have as a result picked up a marathon PB, unofficial half marathon PB, run every day, run a 40 mile race and yet on the BMI index I am still overweight!!! I think I only bother to look to make myself laugh at what you have to do to be "normal weight". To be on the right side of those charts, I think you have to live like a monk. Now I might have an A level in religious studies - no, really I have - but my monastic ambitions stop at the pub door. Right, time for a beer me thinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment