Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Sunday 20 May 2012


Day 141 Sunday 20th May 3.5 miles : miles to date 927.8

The early part of today was spent at a race where for once I was supporting and not running. I hardly ever do that and it was really quite nice pitching up with no pressure and the only decision being whether to have a bacon sandwich with my cuppa or a muffin. I was very happy to support Fi and our friend Emma Else on what turned out to be a hilly 10k around Wimpole Hall estate. Emma had a cracking run in her first ever race and Fi also stormed home in an unexpected but very welcome PB. It was fun watching all the runners come in and a great morning out.
There were around 440 odd runners, the majority of which were non club members judging by the sparsity of vests and the assortment of running gear on show. I thought that might mean less pressure for the ladies, but of course whom ever was at the very front, meant little to them as they would have battled away for a good time regardless.
As for me, as Daisy did so well yesterday, I took her out again today for our run. Bit of a mistake, which is self evident from the fact that as I sit here typing, she's laying next to me snoring her head off. Drat, just realised that's another thing we share that could have gone on yesterday's list.
So you can sleep tonight, I plumped for a bacon buttie.

No comments:

Post a Comment