Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Wednesday 2 May 2012

Meatballs anyone?

Day 123 Wednesday 2nd May 3 miles : miles to date 806.6 My meatballs impinged on my running performance tonight. For clarity, I don't mean my unfeasibly large testicles in a Buster Gonad type way (Viz readers will understand that one), but rather actual meatballs purchased from a well known retailer. I shall refrain from naming the said multinational until my request for sponsorship has been authorised and they stop sending legal letters warning me to stop writing to them. Until then, I am not going to mention Costco. Dooohhhhh. In an effort to try to keep a balance, I came home and had dinner with the family before trotting off. There was hardly any delay and the food swayed around inside like a ship lurching in a storm. Luckily, I was only doing a plod. The calf strain has eased slightly though it is still there and it led to me having to do another short slower run. I guess that's not a bad thing given I ran a PB marathon on Sunday and should be resting, not running every day but the challenge is what it is. I am sticking rigidly to at least 3 miles a day, now matter how slow or uncomfortable. My worry though is that I may not be strong enough to run in the Oxon forty miler this coming Saturday. I have done this race with my ultrateer matey Richard Jones and it is a great event, in stunning scenery around the Henley area. Some chap called Orlando Bloom was even spotted on the course two years ago, albeit walking his dog and not in the event. I gather he is some sort of actor type. The Oxon isn't a target race for me and I am intending to do it as a training run with Jonesy and James Handley in preparation for the real target of running the whole of the John Bunyan trail in 3 weeks with the lads and hopefully a few more friendly faces from the club for sections of it. It is still an important stepping stone and all I can do is cross my fingers that the calf clears. Time will tell. Luckily, I don't have to run again until Thursday...

No comments:

Post a Comment