Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Wednesday 16 May 2012

Grease

Day 136 Tuesday 14th May 5.3 miles : miles to date 905.8

I re-enacted a classic scene from Grease tonight, following my wife turning up for the first time at the club's Tuesday night track session. Cast your mind back to the scene when Danny had to join the track club to try to impress Sandy when she was sitting on the sidelines, who had previously been chatted up by a jock (the athletic version and not my celtic cousins). Every time he ran in front of Sandy, he would put a bit of a sprint on until, out of sight, he would collapse and puff hard. Yep, that was me. Like a 14 year old boy trying to impress Gertrude, Skyline or Beaver (these are trendy girls names now aren't they?) in the school playground, I pranced around the track when I went past her holding my stomach in and trying to run that bit faster. And today was going to be a rest day, as I was coaching and only needed to do a slow three miles and not faster five. Mmm, I can see a bit of a benefit in Sandy, er I mean, Fi coming along to future track sessions if my male bravado makes me try to run a bit faster to impress her.

No comments:

Post a Comment