Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Sunday 6 May 2012


Day 127 Sunday 6th May 10.5 miles : miles to date 864.7

I made a rash promise a few days ago to Fi that I would join her today for a cross country 10 miler, despite covering just below 40 yesterday. Having made that declaration, she was keen to hold me to it. My legs were not overly happy as I pulled on the shorts and laced up the daps, asking instead whether it might be an idea to save the planet a bit more by staying in bed. I had been tempted downstairs by my first ever toasted bagel with peanut butter and jam. Very American I know, but boy was it good and I am now addicted!
We had arranged to meet Francesca Hardwick and head over the fields close to home. Frankie came dressed for one of my lets head off in this direction and see where we end up type runs, having been warned by Fi. We were soon jauntering off for pastures new and rather surprisingly the pins were fine, albeit a little stiff. Last night, as we finished the 40 miler, I didn't want to run another foot and yet less than 16 hours later the mind and the body had repaired itself to such an extent that it wasn't really a problem.
That was due to almost entirely to Team F who were helping me across the pastures, they being the fabulous fit and fast fillies known as Frankie and Fi. Ladies, if it were not for you both, I would not have done such a long way on tired legs. It was yet another run that simply flew by. There are times when you run to the clock and you measure seconds and distances. There are also times when you just run with friends and just enjoy, with no pressure of expectation. Today was the later and I for one thank the girlies for what was I hope, a great trot for us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment