Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Wednesday 23 May 2012

An ultra checklist


Day 144 Wednesday 23rd May 3 miles : miles to date 938.3

I watched the clock tonight, ticking ever so slowly around to 3 miles. It seemed to take forever, due I suspect to the snails pace I ran. Just gathering my stuff to pack for JB ultra. So far, I have got;-
1. Headtorch
2. 8 Ibruprofen
3. Toilet roll
4. Fruit loaf
5. Camera
6. Banana boat suncream
7. Chocolate coffee beans
8. Yoghurt raisins
9. Maps
10. Money
11. Vaseline
12. Spare socks, shorts, tops etc
13. First aid kit
14. Phone
15. Water
16. Compass
17. Phone list
18. I-pod
19. Buff
20. Waterproof
21. Shades
22. Vest
23. Mug

 Couple of questions. Firstly, have I forgotten anything (self navigating, non race, 24 hour ultra)? Secondly, how on earth I am going to lift my rucksack with all that lot in it? I got stuck once at 2am in an ultra socked to the skin and freezing in Scotland in skimpy shorts, running top and lightweight jacket. I ain't going to make that mistake again!

No comments:

Post a Comment